Reasons for considering rhinoplasty
- Posted on: May 15 2020
The rhinoplasty procedure is one of the most commonly requested plastic surgeries with Dr. Wayne P. Foster at Foster MD, but patients seek this procedure for a wide range of reasons and purposes. For some it is a cosmetic concern, while others may be considering treatment for specific medical reasons. Below are just some of the more common concerns patients have when they speak to our team about rhinoplasty:
- Asymmetry correction – when patients have asymmetry of the nose, they can use plastic surgery to improve the harmony of the facial appearance
- Deviated septum – difficulties breathing may be caused by a deviated septum, which can be repaired during rhinoplasty, often referred to as “functional rhinoplasty”
- Dorsal hump – for patients with a bump on the bridge of the nose called the dorsal hump, extra bone or cartilage is removed to smooth the nose from a profile perspective
- Tension tip – also known as a “tension nose,” these patients have a high nasal bridge combined with a tip that protrudes
- Long nose – patients with a long or overly large nose may have a negative impact to their aesthetic appearance and the balance of the face that can be resolved with plastic surgery
- Bulbous tip – a wide tip caused by excess cartilage can cause a bulbous tip and can be addressed with rhinoplasty
- Over- or under-projected tip – over-projected and under-projected nasal tips can impact cosmetic appearance and balance of the nose and face and can be revised using surgical treatment
During an evaluation, our plastic surgeon will evaluate a patient and decide what treatment is needed to restore function or appearance of the nose in balance with existing facial features.
Find out if you are a proper candidate for rhinoplasty
Dr. Wayne P. Foster, one of the top plastic surgeons in the counties of Ocean and Monmouth is pleased to provide facial plastic surgery solutions including nose surgery. If you live in the areas of Toms River or Manasquan, NJ, connect with our team to request a consultation appointment. During this time, patients can undergo a full evaluation to determine if they are a good fit for rhinoplasty or other facial procedures available at the state-of-the-art surgical facility.
Posted in: Rhinoplasty