The best tricks to get the skin summer ready!
- Posted on: Mar 15 2020
After the winter months have passed and the warmer summer months emerge, many men and women are ready to bare it all! Showing more skin is common when the temperature rises, but not everyone’s skin is ready for swimsuit season. At Foster MD, we are here to help patients look and feel their best, and we can also help educate patients on ways to take care of their skin. If you are interested in learning more about ways to keep the skin protected, healthy, and beautiful for the summer sun, read on!
Tips for preparing your skin for summer sun
Below are just a few recommendations for patients to consider when it comes to enhancing their skin for summer fun!
- Exfoliate. Exfoliation is a way of removing dead skin cells from the face that can dull one’s complexion. Exfoliation may be done with an exfoliating scrub at home, or with certain skincare treatments at a professional office.
- Moisturize. In addition to exfoliating the skin, it should also be moisturized to ensure it is well hydrated. Moisturizers can also improve the softness and brilliance of the skin when used daily.
- Protect the skin from razor burns. Along with swimsuit season comes shaving season! Make sure you are using a razor that is appropriate for your skin, and change the blades regularly to keep from cuts of the skin.
- Protect the skin from the sun. Men and women should wear sunscreen daily with an SPF of at least 15 on visible areas of the skin. Patients should also avoid tanning outside or in tanning beds, as this increase in UV exposure can increase one’s risk of developing skin cancer.
- Pay close attention to your diet. Nutrition also makes a difference in how healthy and hydrated your skin is. Be sure to drink plenty of water each day to maintain balance in the body’s moisture levels, and enjoy fruits and vegetables that can nourish the skin from the inside out!
Speak to the team at Foster MD about ways to improve your skin for the summer months
Contact Dr. Wayne P. Foster and his team at one of the two convenient locations of Foster MD. Call (732) 914-2233 to speak to the front office team of our Toms River, NJ practice to request a consultation visit and a full evaluation of your skin and your skin’s needs. Dr. Wayne P. Foster is the top plastic surgeon in the counties of Monmouth and Ocean County and is accepting new patients.
Posted in: Skin Care