Laser Hair Removal
in Toms River & Manasquan, NJ
Unwanted hair can be a frustrating problem to deal with. We are proud to offer our patients laser hair removal, a technique that is proven to achieve long-term results.
What is Laser Hair Removal?
Laser hair removal is not considered a permanent form of hair removal. However, the results of this treatment are expected to last many years.
Who are the candidates for laser hair removal?
Laser hair removal is ideal for people with darker, coarser hair and lighter skin. However, thanks to advances in laser technology, modern devices are capable of treating a wider range of complexions, including those that have little contrast between skin and hair. The exception is very blonde, thin, or grey hairs, which have little to no melanin to absorb laser energy.
What are the Benefits of Laser Hair Removal?
The primary advantage of laser hair removal is that this treatment achieves lasting results that begin after the very first session. Laser treatment can be conducted on virtually any part of the body where significant change is desired. Common treatment areas include:
- Upper lip
- Beard and throat
- Bikini area
- Chest and abdomen
- Shoulders and back
What are the Disadvantages of Laser Hair Removal?
How often can I get a laser hair removal treatment?
How Should I Prepare For My Laser Hair Removal Treatment?
There is very little to do to maximize the comfort and efficacy of laser hair removal treatments. Patients are advised by Dr. Foster to:
- Avoid tanning and the use of self-tanners several weeks before treatment.
- Avoid products that increase skin sensitivity, including exfoliating chemicals and certain essential oils.
- Stop plucking and waxing at least two weeks before treatment.
- Shave the day before each session.
Is Laser Hair Removal Painful?
What Our Patients Have to Say
“I can’t say enough about this wonderful doctor and his staff! I recently had a cosmetic procedure and I’m so very happy with my results and the entire experience. What a great bunch! I highly recommend!” -Olivia R.
What does the recovery process look like?
After laser hair removal sessions, patients are advised to:
- Avoid strenuous exercise for one day.
- Take a cool shower if they wish to bathe. Hot showers and baths can resume the next day.
- Avoid exfoliation and harsh chemical products for a week to ten days.
- Avoid sun exposure for two weeks, including tanning beds.